Listen to the Lenten Gospels
This Lent, PWRDF invites you to join us on an audio journey through the Gospels of Lent.
Beginning on Ash Wednesday and continuing each Sunday to Easter, you will receive an email with an audio recording of the day’s Gospel and an audio reflection responding to the Gospel by Archbishop Linda Nicholls and six other friends of PWRDF. (Written texts will also be provided.)
On each of the following three days, you will receive emails inviting you to listen to the reading again and enter into your own time of reflection using Gospel-based Discipleship, the practice developed by the Anglican Church of Canada’s Indigenous Ministries. This practice asks you to identify how the words speak to you, and what Jesus (the Gospel) is saying to you, and what Jesus (the Gospel) is calling you to do. On Thursday and Friday, we will invite you to read how PWRDF responds to the Gospel message through our projects and partners.
Our diverse group of voices are (click on each week):
- Ash Wednesday and rest of week – Archbishop Linda Nicholls, Primate, Anglican Church of Canada
- Lent 1 and week – Rev. Scott McLeod, Refugee Sponsorship Coordinator, Diocese of Niagara
- Lent 2 and week – Dorothy Marshall, PWRDF Representative, Diocese of Edmonton
- Lent 3 and week – Allison McDougall, Postulant, Diocese of Huron
- Lent 4 and week – James Kornelsen, Canadian Foodgrains Bank, Winnipeg
- Lent 5 and week – Elsa Tesfay, PWRDF staff member
- Palm Sunday and Holy Week – Rev. Canon David Harrison, PWRDF Board of Directors, Diocese of Toronto
- Easter Day – Archbishop Linda Nicholls, Primate, Anglican Church of Canada