Creation care: climate action
a daily resource
- 40 days of Lent
- 40 days of stories about PWRDF
- 40 prayers for the Earth
Join Bishop Jane Alexander (Edmonton) and PWRDF Diocesan Representative Rev. Patrick Stephens (Ottawa) this season of Lent as we focus on Creation Care: Climate Action.
The resource will be available to download in its entirety here, or you can also subscribe below to receive a daily message in your email inbox. Each day during Lent you will be invited to read a passage of scripture, a reflection and a prayer, followed by a PWRDF story. The week’s theme will be announced each Sunday with an image and an opportunity to reflect on the week’s past readings. The themes are:
- Ash Wednesday to Saturday: Creation is our story
- First Week of Lent – Creation: A Relationship of Respect
- Second Week of Lent – Who we are and how we are called
- Third Week of Lent – Water and Fire: Life in the balance
- Fourth Week of Lent – One World, one faith, many nations
- Fifth Week of Lent – Incarnation and Redemption – A Natural connection
- Holy Week and Easter – A personal commitment to Creation Discipleship
Lent 2021 Children’s Resource
Explore Lent with your Sunday School, your children or grandchildren using this resource designed for 6- to 12-year-olds. Each week is centered on a PWRDF partner taking climate action.
Past devotional resources
At-Home Advent with PWRDF
The 2020 Advent series featured video reflections from our staff and volunteers about how working with PWRDF has shaped us. Click here to read the daily devotional archive, or to view the staff videos, visit our YouTube channel.