Creation care: climate action
a daily resource
- 40 days of Lent
- 40 days of stories about PWRDF
- 40 prayers for the Earth
Join Bishop Jane Alexander (Edmonton) and PWRDF Diocesan Representative Rev. Patrick Stephens (Ottawa) this season of Lent as we focus on Creation Care: Climate Action.
The resource will be available to download in its entirety here, or you can also subscribe below to receive a daily message in your email inbox. Each day during Lent you will be invited to read a passage of scripture, a reflection and a prayer, followed by a PWRDF story. The week’s theme will be announced each Sunday with an image and an opportunity to reflect on the week’s past readings. The themes are:
- Ash Wednesday to Saturday: Creation is our story
- First Week of Lent – Creation: A Relationship of Respect
- Second Week of Lent – Who we are and how we are called
- Third Week of Lent – Water and Fire: Life in the balance
- Fourth Week of Lent – One World, one faith, many nations
- Fifth Week of Lent – Incarnation and Redemption – A Natural connection
- Holy Week and Easter – A personal commitment to Creation Discipleship
Lent 2021 Children’s Resource
Explore Lent with your Sunday School, your children or grandchildren using this resource designed for 6- to 12-year-olds. Each week is centered on a PWRDF partner taking climate action.
Past devotional resources
At-Home Advent with PWRDF
The 2020 Advent series featured video reflections from our staff and volunteers about how working with PWRDF has shaped us. Click here to read the daily e-blast, then click view in browser to access the archive of daily reflections. To view the videos, visit our YouTube channel.