An education focus
In 2020, PWRDF launched a three-year Education Focus to bring Creation care: Climate action issues to as broad an audience as possible. Learn more about how PWRDF partners are taking climate action here.
We have designed the learning modules in response to input we received from a small consultative group. We will encourage the use of these particular resources at the local and regional levels and we can provide support, as needed, to those who wish to hold sessions.
- 2021 theme – climate action and food security
- 2022 theme – climate action and women
- 2023 theme – climate action and health
Each year’s focus will include a series of learning modules written by staff and others, that can be completed in about 60 to 90 minutes, either as an individual or as a group. The learning modules will be available on our website.
Year One: Climate Action and Food Security
Welcome to Year One of our new Education Focus. The five modules for year one will connect the agricultural and liturgical seasons:
- April 2021 – Rogation and planting of seeds
- August 2021 – Season of Creation
- October 2021 – Thanksgiving and harvest
- January 2022 – Sabbath Rest
- April 2022 – Waiting & preparing – Disaster preparedness and impact on food security
Each module includes opportunities to pray, learn, act and give. Designed for individual or group use, we hope they will offer insights into the work of our partners and encourage your own seed planting, tending, harvesting and rest as together we seek to heal the wounds of “this fragile earth, our island home.”