Please copy all or a portion of the text below into your weekly parish bulletins, e-blasts or announcements!
PWRDF announces matching funding for Light for Every Birth project
The future looks even brighter for moms and babies at rural health clinics in Mozambique awaiting installation of a “solar suitcase.” A generous donor has offered to match all donations to the Light for Every Birth project, dollar for dollar, up to $100,000. Funds must be donated by September 30, 2021.
A solar suitcase is a wall-mounted device that attaches to a solar panel on the roof of the clinic. The “suitcase” opens to reveal phone charging ports, a head lamp and a fetal Doppler. In 2016, PWRDF installed 30 solar suitcases which have made a significant impact on safe labour, delivery and post-natal care. PWRDF is now preparing to bring light to 50 more clinics.
You can help!
- make a donation
- watch and share our video
- organize a fundraiser as an individual, group, parish, deanery or diocese
- Invite PWRDF to join a virtual (live or recorded) service
- pray for the project and the people it will support
- participate in this year’s Ride for Refuge
- join our webinar on June 22 to meet our partner in Mozambique and learn more
Visit our Light for Every Birth page on our website at pwrdf.org/solarsuitcases2021.