PWRDF receives funding from Anglicans across Canada as well as non-Anglicans, Global Affairs Canada and other institutional donors. Our volunteers promote PWRDF programs in churches and communities, to raise money and awareness about the needs of vulnerable people around the world. Our staff in Toronto are careful stewards of these funds and work to ensure that development and relief programs are as efficient and effective as possible.
PWRDF strives to be part of the outreach ministry of every Canadian Anglican parish and an expression for all Anglicans of their baptismal covenant to strive for justice and peace and to respect the dignity of every human being.
As an instrument of faith, PWRDF connects Anglicans in Canada to communities around the world in dynamic partnerships to advance sustainable development, to respond to emergencies, to assist refugees, and to act for positive change.
PWRDF is committed to working in diverse communities and does not proselytize in its work.
PWRDF strives to:
- Cultivate new ways of working and increase expertise in relief and development work
- Establish effective means to share and live the story
- Embody financial stability within the framework of our values:
- Economy of Grace
- Transformative Collaboration
- The Beauty and Harmony of Creation
- Walking Together