The PWRDF Youth Council is a group of folks between 16 and 29 years old from across the country appointed and elected through the structures of the Anglican Church, as well as by our ecumenical partners in Canada. In addition to the information below, you can find out more by visiting the justgeneration.ca website.
The Youth Council:
- is a forum for significant dialogue and engagement by and for youth with the wider PWRDF organization.
- is advisory to staff for strategic direction, priority setting and implementation.
- will participate in developing and sustaining the justgeneration.ca network of Anglican youth throughout Canada to support and promote PWRDF.
- will represent the values, ethics, policies, vision and mission of PWRDF and justgeneration.ca within the youth constituency of The Anglican Church of Canada.
Their main goal is to create a network of youth which supports and promotes the work of justgeneration.ca and PWRDF on a grassroots level. The Youth Council also recommends a representative to sit on the PWRDF Board of Directors.
Youth Council Statement of Purpose
- We are youth challenged by our faith, values, and beliefs to create positive transformation in ourselves and in the global community.
- We value the power of youth and grassroots development in building relationships both locally and globally.
- We will share the stories of our partners to inspire youth to be leaders, educators and advocates for living justice.
Created May 2010, Halifax, Nova Scotia