PWRDF refugee work is coordinated by the Team on Refugee Issues, TRIO, made up of Naba Gurung, Jeannethe Lara and Beth Baskin. Meetings are held quarterly.
PWRDF International/Overseas Refugee and Migration Work
We are involved in:
- International refugee and migration policy work
- Projects providing support to refugees.
- Current refugee programs: Kenya, Egypt, Palestine, Sri Lanka and India.
Contact person Naba Gurung (416) 924-9199 ext. 321, email firstname.lastname@example.org
PWRDF and In-Canada Refugee Issues
We relate to Canada’s policy and advocacy on inland refugee and migration issues through the Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) and other initiatives.
This work includes:
- Being an active member of CCR
- Attending meetings dealing with relevant policy and advocacy initiatives including those organized by the Southern Ontario Sponsorship Agreement Holders
- Consulting and informing the PWRDF Refugee Network on policy and initiatives related to refugees, migrants and refugee sponsorship issues.
Contact person: Jeannethe Lara (416) 924-9199 ext. 208, email email@example.com
PWRDF Refugee Network
Refugee sponsorship is a ministry of the dioceses, as PWRDF is not a Refugee Sponsorship Agreement Holder. PWRDF activities focus on communication to support the network that is made up of volunteers who undertake refugee ministry on behalf of their respective dioceses and of PWRDF.
This work includes:
- Maintaining an up-to-date data base
- Help in connecting members with PWRDF and each other
- Answering individual questions related to the work of the network or referring them, according to their content, to Elsa Tesfay PWRDF Development Team leader or Jeannethe Lara.
Contact person Beth Baskin (416) 924-9199 ext. 627, email firstname.lastname@example.org Want to know about Sanctuary? The decision to offer sanctuary to a refugee is made by individual parishes. In response to a General Synod resolution, PWRDF developed Ã¢â‚¬ËœSanctuary: A Guide for Anglican Parishes in Canada’. PWRDF supports the church in understanding and reflecting on the issue of sanctuary.
Contact person Beth Baskin (416) 924-9199 ext. 627, email email@example.com